Foundation gives grants to Eagle County schools’ programs
December 10, 2016
EAGLE COUNTY — The Education Foundation of Eagle County Board of Trustees has announced its 2016-'17 school year grant awards in the areas of science/technology/engineering/math, equity and staffing, and arts and music benefiting students at nine Eagle County schools.
With contributions from generous donors, countless volunteer hours, business sponsorships and community support of foundation events and programs including, Eƒ(ec)tive Apple Awards, Evening of Stars, Project Funway and Summer School of Rock, the board awarded funding to these programs:
• Berry Creek Middle School: "Big Head" sculpture project supplies.
• Eagle Valley Elementary School: Colorado Ballet Company performance and STEAM workshop.
• Eagle Valley High School & Gypsum Elementary: SMART Technologies Education Project (STEP) connecting special needs elementary students with technology created and designed by high school students.
• Eagle Valley High School: Biotechnology lab equipment.
Recommended Stories For You
• Gypsum Creek Middle School: STEM elective coding and robotics unit.
• Homestake Peak School: Digital pianos.
• June Creek Elementary School: Foundational math paraprofessional.
• June Creek Elementary School: Musical performance rights.
• Red Canyon High School: MakerSpace/STEAM design-thinking program.
• Red Sandstone Elementary School: 12 guitars (completes the classroom set for one-on-one instruction).
"It's my honor to congratulate all of the grant recipients and thank all of those who applied," said Amy Lewis, Executive Director of the Education Foundation of Eagle County.
For more information, go to http://www.EFEC.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife