Gypsum Noon Year event
February 11, 2016
GYPSUM — Just because they can't stay awake until midnight is no reason the younger set has to miss out on New Year's Eve festivities.
Make that Noon Year's Eve festivities.
Thursday, the Gypsum Recreation Center is again ringing in the new year a bit sooner than the rest of the valley with its annual Noon Year's Eve event.
The event starts at 10 a.m. and runs to 1 p.m. When kids, or entire families, arrive they can enjoy the rec center swimming pool, gymnastics center, rock climbing wall and bounce houses.
"At noon we do a balloon drop from the running track and then we gather for make-your-own ice cream sundaes," said Anna Englehart, event organizer. "It's one of our biggest events. Lots of people come and last year we even ran out of ice cream."
The event is open to all ages and cost is $3 for kids, $5 for adults and $15 for a family of four with $3 for each additional child. For more information visit http://www.wecmrd.org or call 970-777-8888.
Trending In: Announcements
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest