Hike with elected officials June 13 on Vail Mountain
June 13, 2014
VAIL — Join elected officials from the Vail Town Council, Eagle Board of Trustees and the Eagle County Board of Commissioners for a leisurely hike on Vail Mountain beginning at 4 p.m. Friday. The group will meet at the base of Gondola One in Vail Village and will hike to Mid-Vail via the service road. The group will then download and meet for refreshments at Vendetta's Restaurant in Vail Village. No lift ticket is required for this activity.
Friday's hike is a continuation of a series of informal gatherings that have been taking place during the past year. The snow riding, mountain biking and hiking activities have allowed elected officials to enjoy the outdoors and connect with community members while networking with their government counterparts outside the confines of a traditional public meeting.
No RSVPs are needed to take part in the hike. Participants simply need to meet in Vail Village and assume responsibility for water and any additional hiking provisions as well as the cost of an after-hike refreshment. An intermediate hiking ability level is advised.
Trending In: Announcements
- Avalanche on Minturn Mile outside of Vail; no victims reported
- Storm closes Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, delays Copper Mountain start, limits Breckenridge terrain
- Vail, Beaver Creek’s single-day, window lift ticket price hits $209
- Park Hyatt hotel hires new general manager
- Breckenridge closed due to power outage across Summit County