Invasive weed presentation, free Lionshead lunch event
July 19, 2016
VAIL — The town of Vail will sponsor the third in a series of lunch and learn symposiums at noon Wednesday, July 20 at the Grandview on the third floor of the Lionshead Welcome Center. Attendees will enjoy a free lunch while listening to Gregg Barrie, the town's senior landscape architect, give a presentation on Colorado invasive weeds and what property owners can do to combat them.
Experts from Walking Mountains Science Center, the Eagle River Watershed Council and the town will be on hand to answer questions about what residents can do to "bring a little wild" back into their landscaping. There will also be native seed mixes, stickers, informational brochures and re-usable grocery bags given away to attendees.
The town's environmental sustainability team is organizing the event. For details about this and other upcoming activities, call Pete Wadden, watershed education coordinator, 970-479-2144 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire