Local firm earns environmental leadership awards, recognition
October 19, 2016
AVON — East West Destination Hospitality was recently honored — along with seven of its managed properties — at the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment's 2016 Environmental Leadership Awards.
East West Destination Hospitality, along with Eagle Point Resort, Falcon Point, Vail Spa Condominiums, Poste Montane Lodge and The Wren at Vail, were all honored as Gold Leaders. The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa was honored as a Bronze Achiever.
A total of 169 Colorado businesses were recognized by statewide environmental reward program, administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment. It recognizes companies for going beyond state and federal environmental regulations and for outstanding environmental achievements.
With more than $1.2 billion in assets under management, East West Destination Hospitality actively manages more than 2,500 unites in the Vail Valley. The firm is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. The company's recent initiatives include:
• Reducing water consumption by 1.7 million gallons of water — a 6 percent savings — from 2014 to 2015 at its managed properties.
• Overseeing more than $20 million in renovations at two of its managed properties:
Recommended Stories For You
At Vail Spa Condominiums, owners are funding $10 million in upgrades, including new energy-efficient and noise-reducing windows and doors, and a new solar heating mechanical system for the pool.
At Beaver Creek's Highlands Slopeside, owners have committed nearly $9 million on exterior upgrades, including a new roof, new energy-efficient windows and doors.
• Seven of the East West Destination Hospitality-managed properties — The Ascent, Eagle Point, Eye Pieces, Falcon Point, Poste Montane Lodge, Vail Spa and The Wren — have been certified by the Vail Valley's Actively Green program, a partnership with the global non-profit Sustainable Travel International, which provides sustainable business training and certification programs.
"East West Destination Hospitality is dedicated to implementing unique new ways to make all of our lodging properties as eco-friendly as possible," East West Destination Hospitality Managing Partner Peter Dann said. "We are excited to have so many of our managed properties receive this prestigious green accolade."
For more information, visit www.eastwestdestinationhospitality.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Xcel Energy, Colorado’s largest utility, committed to going 100 percent carbon-free by 2050
- Park Hyatt hotel hires new general manager
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens lift-serviced expansion into the Beavers
- Montera named CEO of ambulance district
- Avalanche airbag has become an integral option for backcountry safety equipment
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)