Local firm will pack for you
July 6, 2016
Business name: Relax, it's Packed.
Date opened: Fall 2015.
Location: Eagle County.
Owner: DeDe Dickinson.
Contact information: Call 970-390-3393.
What goods or services do you provide? We offer packing services for moves or remodels, unpacking services, purging or decluttering services and organizing services.
Recommended Stories For You
What's new or exciting at your place? We are getting busy with the moving season upon us so please make sure to schedule your move early.
What strategy do you use to differentiate your business from your competition? This business came about from an expressed need from my real estate clients. Many sellers and buyers cannot physically be here when they are moving or remodeling or they may not have the physical capacity to do the work. They have to rely on movers to do this for them. One of the biggest problems with movers is they often pack boxes really heavy, so on the unpacking end it makes it very difficult for someone to lift these boxes. As a crew of primarily women, we understand these needs and handle fragile items with extra care while not packing in boxes we can't lift ourselves. We also are very reasonable when compared to the cost movers charge for the same services.
What philosophy do you follow in dealing with your customers? Our goal is to make it a little less stressful when it comes time to move, pack, purge or organize. We understand that not everyone is cut out for this kind of work but my staff and I are. Our business is based on referrals, so we strive to do the kind of job where our clients rave about us to their friends.
What can your customers expect from you? Promptness, professionalism, efficiency and peace of mind in knowing we take extra care in our work.
Tell us a little about your background, education and experience: I have been a Realtor in the Vail Valley for 24 years, have owned a private home cleaning business and worked in property management previous to real estate. I started this business when I saw the need for a service and my staff all have similar backgrounds.
What is the most humorous thing that has happened at your business since you opened? Probably the funniest thing has been in filling my staffing needs, I have found a number of local women who all describe themselves as a little Type A. While it isn't the most complimentary thing to say about someone, it seems that these are the people for this line of work.
So if you want to take the stress out of your next move, please call us so you can relax, because it's packed.
Trending In: Announcements
- Adam Sandler coming to Denver in 2019, with special guest
- Xcel Energy, Colorado’s largest utility, committed to going 100 percent carbon-free by 2050
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens lift-serviced expansion into the Beavers
- Benjamin Dantas excels at climbing championships
- Spring Back show Saturday was ‘problematic’
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days