Local recreation companies earn state grants
February 3, 2017
DENVER — The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade has awarded export grants to eight Colorado outdoor recreation companies — including a firm based in Avon and one in Minturn — to support their attendance at the 2017 ISPO Munich trade show. ISPO is the world's leading trade show for businesses of action, outdoor, performance and traditional sports and will take place in Munich, Germany, from Sunday through Wednesday.
The grants are provided through the State Trade Expansion Program, administered by economic development office. Funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the expansion program provides grant awards to small and medium-sized businesses to offset global business and export development activities. A total of $25,500 was awarded for firms to attend the Munich trade show.
Support from the state agency will allow the companies to connect with foreign buyers and increase their presence in the European market, resulting in export sales and job creation and retention in Colorado.
Companies earning grants for the Munich show are:
“Colorado is a natural fit for ISPO, as the state is home to a growing outdoor recreation manufacturing industry, which includes internationally recognized brands along with a host of entrepreneurial startups. Outdoor recreation generates $34 billion in annual economic activity in Colorado and it’s only expected to grow.” Luis BenitezDirector, Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office
Recommended Stories For You
• Cirque Mountain Apparel (Avon).
• Weston Snowboards (Minturn).
• Krimson & Klover (Boulder).
• Flylow Gear (Denver).
• Apex Ski Boots (Golden).
• Icelantic Skis (Golden).
• Point6 LLC (Steamboat Springs).
• Seismic Skate Systems, Inc. (Boulder).
The state is also sponsoring a Colorado Pavilion at ISPO to promote Colorado's outdoor industry that will showcase six Colorado companies. A total of 21 Colorado companies will be present at ISPO promoting their products from standup paddle boards to outdoor apparel. For a full list and more information about Colorado's participation in ISPO, go to the Choose Colorado website.
"Colorado is a natural fit for ISPO, as the state is home to a growing outdoor recreation manufacturing industry, which includes internationally recognized brands along with a host of entrepreneurial startups," said Luis Benitez, director of the Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office. "Outdoor recreation generates $34 billion in annual economic activity in Colorado and it's only expected to grow."
For more information about ISPO Munich, please visit http://munich.ispo.com/en/.
Trending In: Announcements
- Adam Sandler coming to Denver in 2019, with special guest
- Xcel Energy, Colorado’s largest utility, committed to going 100 percent carbon-free by 2050
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens lift-serviced expansion into the Beavers
- Spring Back show Saturday was ‘problematic’
- Benjamin Dantas excels at climbing championships
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract