Lunch and learn event set for Wednesday in Vail
February 18, 2017
VAIL — The Town of Vail will sponsor The 10th in a series of lunch and learn symposiums at noon on Wednesday at the Grand View on the third floor of the Lionshead Village Welcome Center. Attendees will enjoy a free lunch while listening to a presentation about maintaining healthy garden soils from Shawn Bruckman of The Ground Up. Free parking for up to two hours is available in the Lionshead Village parking structure.
Experts from Walking Mountains Science Center, Eagle River Watershed Council and the Town of Vail will be on hand to answer questions about what residents can do to bring a little wild back into their landscaping. There will also be native seed mixes, stickers, informational brochures and re-usable grocery bags given away to attendees.
The town environmental sustainability team is organizing the event. For details about this activity, contact Pete Wadden, watershed education coordinator, at 970-479-2144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon