National Night Out returns to Vail Valley on Tuesday
August 1, 2015
AVON — It is time again to come out and get to know members of the Avon Police Department during Eagle County's annual National Night Out celebration Tuesday.
Police say the annual event is a key component in building the relationship between law enforcement agencies and the communities in Eagle County. Events include games, bouncy castles, demonstrations, free food and activities.
National Night Out was developed with an emphasis on the importance of police-community partnerships. At each location information will be available on how to get involved with local police departments as a volunteer, attend a citizen's police academy or simply provide feedback.
For more information on the Avon Police Department's involvement in Eagle County's National Night Out events, contact officer Toby Baldwin, email@example.com or 970-748-4040.
Here's information on National Night Out events in the rest of the Vail Valley:
• Vail Police: Call Commander Daric Harvey at 970-477-3433. The event will be at the skatepark at Lionshead Parking Structure from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Avon events will be held at:
The Aspens Community Park from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
O'Neil Spur Park in Wildridge from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Eaglebend Apartments from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Avon Elementary Soccer Field from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Eagle County Sheriff's Office: Call Jessie Mosher or Beth Dobransky at 970-328-8500.
Little Beach Park, Minturn, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The sheriff's office will also be at the Eagle and Basalt events.
• Town of Eagle Police (co-hosted with the Eagle County Sheriff's Office): Call Chief Joe Staufer at 970-328-6351.
Eagle events will be held at Brush Creek Park from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Trending In: Announcements
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend