Riverside Spencer’s Cabin property available for rent
July 12, 2015
EAGLE COUNTY — The Eagle County Open Space Department's Spencer's Cabin property is now available for rent by boaters and anglers completing multi-day float trips. Spencer's Cabin is a 180-square-foot primitive cabin, located on 34 acres of open space along the Colorado River between Catamount and Burns.
Public access to the cabin is only permitted via the river, as there is no public road or trail access. Reservations for the cabin are required and a non-refundable fee of $25 per night will be applied at check-out. Reservations for the cabin can be made online at http://www.eaglecounty.us/OpenSpace/Spencers_Cabin.
About Spencer's Cabin
Eagle County Open Space purchased the Spencer's Cabin property in late 2014. The acquisition permanently protects nearly one-half mile of Colorado River frontage and provides habitat for river otter, bighorn sheep, mink, mountain lion, birds and black bears.
Total purchase price of the property was $300,000, with $270,000 coming from Eagle County's dedicated Open Space Fund. Colorado Open Lands helped to facilitate an additional $30,000 in funding through a grant from the Gates Family Foundation.
For more information and cabin policies, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/OpenSpace or contact Open Space Director Toby Sprunk at 970-328-8698 or toby.sprunk@eagle county.us.
Trending In: Announcements
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode