Local Rotary clubs award $28,000 in scholarships
EAGLE COUNTY — The Rotary clubs of Edwards and Vail have awarded $28,000 to 20 graduating seniors and three returning college students. Recipients come from each of the five valley high schools, and the winners were selected from a pool of 80 applicants. The Rotary clubs work in conjunction with YouthPower365 to cast a wide net for applications and to streamline the process for the students.
“Each year the students who apply are extremely talented and skilled in many areas,” said Mike Glass,committee chairman. “Reading the applications and interviewing the students is a satisfying responsibility for the entire committee, and the selected students have all worked hard and in many ways embody the Rotary motto of ‘service above self.’”
This year’s Rotary scholarship recipients are:
• Haley Hervert, Michael El Bitar, and Miles Peterson, returning college students.
• Battle Mountain High School: Marisol Garcia, Cole Harris, Bryan Saenz, Bret Pilkington, Lindsey Humphrey, David Stearns, Sienna Miller, Mykah Huang.
• Eagle Valley High School: Giselle Azcona, Jeniffer Sebastian, Jay Neal, Lydia Widhalm, Marie Davis, Jaqueline Ordonez.
• Vail Christian High School: Emma Janusz, Rachel Keith, Raquel Walder.
• Vail Mountain School: Oliver Pesso, Kevin Hernandez. Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy: Lauren Viola.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User