Safety facility open house is Wednesday
August 7, 2015
AVON — The town of Avon and Eagle River Fire Protection District will host a Wednesday public presentation/open house at the Avon Town Council Chambers to present a proposed new public safety facility design to the community.
Members of the public are invited to join town and district officials, Avon Police Chief Robert Ticer and Fire Chief Karl Bauer from 4 to 5:30 p.m. as they discuss initial building design concepts, answer questions and solicit feedback regarding the project, which will be located between Buck Creek Road and Swift Gulch Road. The proposed facility would house Avon's police department and serve as a regional fire station.
According to Ticer, the concept of a shared facility is not new.
"I think Chief Bauer and I might have kicked the idea around three years ago over coffee," Ticer said. "We've still got a lot of work ahead of us, but I'm pleased at how much we've been able to accomplish in a relatively short time."
Open house participants will have the opportunity to tour both facilities.
Both agencies will continue to engage with residents through community meetings, social media and other means of communication as they move forward from programming and design to funding mechanisms and timing discussions.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move