Statewide Bike to Work Day is this Wednesday
June 21, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — Leave your keys at home and don't spend a cent to fill up the gas tank. Wednesday is Colorado Bike to Work Day and all Eagle County residents are encouraged to bike, ride or walk to work.
The citizen volunteer ECO Trails Committee, the towns of Avon, Eagle, Gypsum and Vail and several local businesses are supporting this statewide event by rewarding citizens who choose to use bicycling or walking to travel to their workplace.
Volunteers will be hosting rest stops between 7 to 9 a.m. at the following locations:
• Mayor's Park in Vail.
• Malin Trail bridge in Dowd Junction.
• U.S. Hwy 6 roundabout in Avon.
Recommended Stories For You
• U.S. Hwy 6 intersection in Edwards.
• Mountain Pedaler on Broadway in Eagle.
• U.S. Highway 6 at Eagle Valley High School in Gypsum.
Visitors to the rest stops will be offered refreshments as well as free giveaways for making the effort to take a ride or walk to work.
Sponsors, donors and volunteers include the citizen ECO Trails Committee, Pedal Power, The Sonnenalp of Vail, town of Vail, Vail Resorts, Vail Recreation District, Westside Cafe, Safeway, City Market, Town of Avon, Starbucks, Loaded Joe's, Bonjour Bakery, Edwards Village Market, Northside Cafe, Red Canyon Cafe, town of Gypsum, Bella's Market and Heidi's Deli.
For more information, contact ECO Trails at 970-328-3523 or at email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Trap-kill may be only option for Glenwood mountain lions
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Letter: Stop wasting our money, Avon
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report