Storm closes Gore Valley Recreation Trail at Dowd Junction
November 18, 2016
VAIL — The seasonal closure of the Gore Valley Recreation Trail through Dowd Junction took place at 6:30 a.m. Friday following the first snowstorm of the season. The winter closure allows for deer and elk migration through the Mud Springs wildlife underpass which crosses under the trail and was a condition of the recreation trail's approval. Additionally, plowing operations on Interstate 70 create a significant safety concern, which also contributes to the closure.
Gates are in place to indicate the trail's closure as well as signs explaining the requirement. The trail will reopen in the spring on or about April 15, as weather conditions allow.
For more information contact Gregg Barrie in the Town of Vail Public Works Department at 970-479-2337.
Trending In: Announcements
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip