Storm closes Gore Valley Recreation Trail at Dowd Junction
November 18, 2016
VAIL — The seasonal closure of the Gore Valley Recreation Trail through Dowd Junction took place at 6:30 a.m. Friday following the first snowstorm of the season. The winter closure allows for deer and elk migration through the Mud Springs wildlife underpass which crosses under the trail and was a condition of the recreation trail's approval. Additionally, plowing operations on Interstate 70 create a significant safety concern, which also contributes to the closure.
Gates are in place to indicate the trail's closure as well as signs explaining the requirement. The trail will reopen in the spring on or about April 15, as weather conditions allow.
For more information contact Gregg Barrie in the Town of Vail Public Works Department at 970-479-2337.
Trending In: Announcements
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced