Trail presentation Monday
February 25, 2016
VAIL — A Vail Valley Trails open house is being hosted in partnership with the Vail Valley Trail Connection and ECO Trails on Monday in the Grand View room atop the Lionshead parking structure. The presentations begin at 6 p.m.
Discussion topics include a two-phase concept for alterations to the Vail Trail, a soft-surface path that currently connects Golden Peak to the Vail Golf & Nordic Clubhouse.
In addition, representatives from the Vail Valley Trail Connection will present information about this newly-formed nonprofit organization which seeks to promote soft-surface trail connections for users valleywide.
The presentation will include a discussion of existing trails in Vail, ideas for new trails and an overview of the Vail Trail project. Hikers, mountain bikers and other interested community members from Vail to Gypsum are encouraged to attend. For details, contact Gregg Barrie with the town of Vail public works department at 970-479-2337.
The trails presentation will be held at roughly the same time as an open house concerning the Interstate 70 underpass project, which will start work in March. That session will be held on the ground floor of the Lionshead parking structure from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
Trending In: Announcements
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019