Trail presentation Monday
February 25, 2016
VAIL — A Vail Valley Trails open house is being hosted in partnership with the Vail Valley Trail Connection and ECO Trails on Monday in the Grand View room atop the Lionshead parking structure. The presentations begin at 6 p.m.
Discussion topics include a two-phase concept for alterations to the Vail Trail, a soft-surface path that currently connects Golden Peak to the Vail Golf & Nordic Clubhouse.
In addition, representatives from the Vail Valley Trail Connection will present information about this newly-formed nonprofit organization which seeks to promote soft-surface trail connections for users valleywide.
The presentation will include a discussion of existing trails in Vail, ideas for new trails and an overview of the Vail Trail project. Hikers, mountain bikers and other interested community members from Vail to Gypsum are encouraged to attend. For details, contact Gregg Barrie with the town of Vail public works department at 970-479-2337.
The trails presentation will be held at roughly the same time as an open house concerning the Interstate 70 underpass project, which will start work in March. That session will be held on the ground floor of the Lionshead parking structure from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort