Tree disposal offered in Avon
February 10, 2016
AVON — The town of Avon will offer curbside Christmas tree pickup for town residents from Saturday through Feb. 1. All trees must have their lights and ornaments removed. The town will only pick up cut trees; artificial or flocked trees, wreaths or seasonal debris will not be collected.
The Avon Public Works Department will check for trees that are placed curbside on a frequent basis, but if residents would like to schedule a pickup, then they may call the department with their address and phone number. For more information, or to schedule a pickup, call Avon Public Works Director Gary Padilla at 970-748-4118 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, residents may drop off their trees at the fire station in Eagle-Vail, at the recycling site located at the Edwards rest area, or residents may bring their Christmas trees to the landfill at no charge until Feb. 15; recycled trees will be chipped for mulch. Thanks to Vail Honeywagon for assisting the town of Avon in disposing of the trees.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job