Underpass work on schedule
September 6, 2016
VAIL — Excel Energy's subcontractor will continue work along North Frontage Road, relocating fiber optic line through the Labor Day holiday weekend and into this week.
Work will take place from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., with the potential for night work requiring the use of light plants from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Work on the Vail Interstate 70 underpass project is progressing on schedule. Crews will continue work along the frontage roads, relocating utilities and performing major excavation work into early December, at which point the project will transition to phase 3 for the winter tourism season. During phase 3, North and South frontage roads will return to their normal two-way operations. During this time, there is the potential for minor underpass work. The scheduling and coordination of this work will be weather-dependent, although no night or weekend work is anticipated during this phase.
Major construction activities and the frontage road one-way detours will resume in April of 2017 for phase 4 and final roundabout construction. The project is expected to be complete by the end of 2017.
Trending In: Announcements
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife