Underpass work on schedule
September 6, 2016
VAIL — Excel Energy's subcontractor will continue work along North Frontage Road, relocating fiber optic line through the Labor Day holiday weekend and into this week.
Work will take place from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., with the potential for night work requiring the use of light plants from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Work on the Vail Interstate 70 underpass project is progressing on schedule. Crews will continue work along the frontage roads, relocating utilities and performing major excavation work into early December, at which point the project will transition to phase 3 for the winter tourism season. During phase 3, North and South frontage roads will return to their normal two-way operations. During this time, there is the potential for minor underpass work. The scheduling and coordination of this work will be weather-dependent, although no night or weekend work is anticipated during this phase.
Major construction activities and the frontage road one-way detours will resume in April of 2017 for phase 4 and final roundabout construction. The project is expected to be complete by the end of 2017.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape