Vail Golf Club taking donation proposals
February 11, 2016
VAIL — The Vail Recreation District is accepting proposals from nonprofit organizations in Eagle County for the donation of a one-day golf tournament in 2016. The district's objective is to support the Eagle County community through donations to a local nonprofit organization that will use the golf course as a fundraising mechanism.
Each year, the Vail Golf Club donates green fees, cart fees, range balls and tournament set-up to qualified nonprofits that host a golf tournament as a fundraiser for their organization. This is the fourth year the district has requested applications from local groups to accommodate budgeting and scheduling needs. Course donations will be determined based on need, the organization's impact in the community and the proposed date. All requests will be reviewed by the board of directors, and the recipient organization will be decided in March.
In the past, fundraising tournaments have benefited groups including Starting Hearts, Vail International Hockey, Habitat for Humanity, Small Champions, The Family Learning Center, Ski & Snowboard Club Vail, local schools, Vail Valley Partnership, Vail Valley Salvation Army, Bright Future Foundation, the Battle Mountain football team and the Vail Chamber & Business Association.
Proposals are due by 5 p.m. on Feb. 29 and should be submitted using the form available at http://www.vailrec.com.
For more information, contact Vail Golf Club Director Alice Plain at 970-479-2260 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Adam Sandler coming to Denver in 2019, with special guest
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens lift-serviced expansion into the Beavers
- Xcel Energy, Colorado’s largest utility, committed to going 100 percent carbon-free by 2050
- Benjamin Dantas excels at climbing championships
- Local vacuum store expands its services
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days