Vail hotels earn places on top 100 list
July 14, 2015
VAIL — Two Vail hotels — The Sebastian and the Sonnenalp — have earned places on Travel + Leisure Magazine's latest list of the top 100 hotels in the world. Winners are nominated and determined by magazine readers.
The Sebastian landed in the 52nd spot on the list. The magazine cited the hotel's valet service, spa, bistro and tapas bar and its Frost Bar.
"The 84 guest rooms and 16 executive suites are more contemporary than rustic, with polished wood headboards, chocolate-colored accents, and beige carpets," the magazine write-up states.
As opposed to The Sebastian's contemporary feel, the Sonnenalp, which earned the 65th spot on the list, was lauded for its traditional style.
"With its hatched wood beams, cutout shutters and wooden flower boxes at almost every windowsill, this 127-room lodge is a model in Bavarian style that actually feels authentic," the magazine writes.
There were only three Colorado hotels on the latest list — The Sebastian, the Sonnenalp and The Little Nell in Aspen, which earned the 27th spot on the list.
Recommended Stories For You
The top American lodge on the list was the Triple Creek Ranch in Darby, Montana.
Trending In: Announcements
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Head ski equipment company leading the way for lighter, performance-based boots