Vail Resorts employees picked for Epic Volunteers program
VAIL — This spring and summer eight employees of Vail, Beaver Creek and Colorado Mountain Express are participating in Vail Resorts Epic Volunteers program.
Started in 2013 as a part of Vail Resorts Echo, Epic Volunteers developed from employee requests to have more robust volunteer opportunities. As a result, the program now provides up to 50 Vail Resorts employees each year with 40 hours of paid time off to volunteer for the charity of their choice anywhere in the world.
The current Eagle County Epic Volunteers are supporting domestic and international organizations including the Colorado Trail Foundation, The Cycle Effect, the Betty Ford Children’s Center, Camp Agape NW, Timmy Global Health and Poured Out.
The volunteers include:
• Brittany Tartarilla, Vail Hospitality HR, The Betty Ford Children’s Center, healing and counseling for children whose parents are battling addiction.
• Lauren Phillips, Vail Ski Patrol, Camp Agape, family camp counselor for cancer patients.
• Kroger Schwartz, Vail Ski Patrol, Camp Agape, family camp counselor for cancer patients.
• Jen Silva, Vail Ski Patrol, Timmy Global Health Dominican Republic, medical services trip.
• Joseph Clark, Beaver Creek Mountain Ops/Guest Services, Poured Out, Haiti, week-long mission to improve water filters that support at risk populations.
• Curt Dodson, Beaver Creek Mountain Ops/Guest Services, Poured Out, Haiti, week-long mission to improve water filters that support at risk populations.
• Sandra Butler, Beaver Creek Mountain Op, Colorado Trail Foundation, build and maintain a section of the Colorado Trail near Buena Vista.
• Claire Christensen, CME Marketing, The Cycle Effect, enhance the lives of young women through mountain biking.
Volunteer this summer
The next opportunity for Vail Resorts employees to apply for the Epic Volunteers program will be this summer. All full-time year-round and full-time seasonal Vail Resorts employees with 750 hours of service can apply.
Through two application cycles each year, Epic Volunteers can work with the charity or project of their choice, domestically or abroad.
For more information about Vail Resorts Echo or the Epic Volunteers program, visit http://www.vailresortsecho.com.
There are three keys to look at when deciding the bonus days: staffing, skier excitement and conditions.