Vail Resorts promotes Metz
October 9, 2016
VAIL — Phil Metz has been named Vail Resorts Inc.'s senior director of brand marketing for Vail Mountain and Beaver Creek Resort. Metz, previously the director of marketing for Beaver Creek, will oversee the marketing departments and brand direction at both Vail Mountain and Beaver Creek effective immediately and will serve on the Beaver Creek Resort Company Board and the Vail Local Marketing District Advisory Council.
"Phil's leadership makes him the ideal person to lead the combination of our two marketing departments in Eagle County," said Chris Jarnot, Executive Vice President and chief operating officer at Vail Mountain. "We are pleased to have Phil's expertise on our team and believe he can greatly contribute to the success of our partnership between the resorts and the community."
In his expanded role, Metz will continue to lead the Beaver Creek Marketing Department and brings more than five seasons of experience within Vail Resorts to the Vail marketing team, as well as more than a decade of experience developing successful sales and marketing programs targeting high net-worth consumers.
In addition to previously serving as the director of marketing at Beaver Creek, Metz also served in the same role at Breckenridge and was also the director of sales and marketing at the Vail Resorts Development Company.
“Phil’s leadership makes him the ideal person to lead the combination of our two marketing departments in Eagle County. We are pleased to have Phil’s expertise on our team and believe he can greatly contribute to the success of our partnership between the resorts and the community.”Chris JarnotExecutive Vice President and chief operating officer, Vail Mountain
Recommended Stories For You
Before joining Vail Resorts in 2012, Metz worked on projects including state tourism campaigns, high-end real estate projects and luxury lifestyle brands.
Trending In: Announcements
- Adam Sandler coming to Denver in 2019, with special guest
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens lift-serviced expansion into the Beavers
- Xcel Energy, Colorado’s largest utility, committed to going 100 percent carbon-free by 2050
- Benjamin Dantas excels at climbing championships
- Local vacuum store expands its services
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days