Vail Valley emergency responders’ Ride in Remembrance is May 8
May 4, 2017
EAGLE COUNTY — Members of the public are invited to join Eagle County emergency responders for the 16th annual emergency responder recognition on Monday, May 8. The activities will begin at 9 a.m., when participants will gather at Freedom Park in Edwards to line up for a Ride in Remembrance event, featuring motorcycles, classic cars and emergency-response vehicles.
Anyone with a motorcycle or classic car is invited to join in. There will be a short ceremony at 9:30 a.m. at the Freedom Park Memorial. The procession will leave Freedom Park at 10:15 a.m. and travel to Donovan Park in Vail, followed by a Tribute to Our Fallen Heroes at Donovan Pavilion at 11 a.m. The service will recognize the three law enforcement officers, firefighter and air ambulance pilot who lost their lives serving the citizens of Eagle County. Lunch will be served following the program.
For more information, contact Jennifer Kirkland, 970-390-1553.
Trending In: Announcements
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Minturn’s 5,000-gallon-a-day water loss in the Union Pacific mobile home park (letter)