Vail Valley emergency responders’ Ride in Remembrance is May 8
May 4, 2017
EAGLE COUNTY — Members of the public are invited to join Eagle County emergency responders for the 16th annual emergency responder recognition on Monday, May 8. The activities will begin at 9 a.m., when participants will gather at Freedom Park in Edwards to line up for a Ride in Remembrance event, featuring motorcycles, classic cars and emergency-response vehicles.
Anyone with a motorcycle or classic car is invited to join in. There will be a short ceremony at 9:30 a.m. at the Freedom Park Memorial. The procession will leave Freedom Park at 10:15 a.m. and travel to Donovan Park in Vail, followed by a Tribute to Our Fallen Heroes at Donovan Pavilion at 11 a.m. The service will recognize the three law enforcement officers, firefighter and air ambulance pilot who lost their lives serving the citizens of Eagle County. Lunch will be served following the program.
For more information, contact Jennifer Kirkland, 970-390-1553.
Trending In: Announcements
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip