Vail Valley Medical Center earns communications awards
VAIL — Vail Valley Medical Center was recently awarded the Colorado Nonprofit Project of the Year for Pink Vail at the Colorado Healthcare Communicator’s Gold Leaf Awards in Denver. Pink Vail also won a Gold Leaf Award in the large event category, and the hospital was awarded five Silver Leaf awards, placing at the top of each category.
Evaluated by a panel of statewide judges representing hospitals, nonprofit organizations and marketing and public relations professionals, Pink Vail, the world’s biggest ski day to conquer cancer, was recognized for its support of Shaw Regional Cancer Center, as well as the reach, creativity and effectiveness of the event.
Competing against large hospitals, healthcare systems and creative agencies throughout Colorado, the Vail Valley Medical Center marketing team also accepted awards in the writing, newsletter, annual report, video and public affairs categories.
“The communication awards VVMC brings home represent our greatest efforts to creatively and effectively message the exceptional medical work being done at Vail Valley Medical Center,” said president and CEO Doris Kirchner. “As the community’s nonprofit hospital, we strive for excellence in all areas, including our communications and community outreach.”
About Gold Leaf Awards
Hosted annually since the 1970s, the Gold Leaf Awards is Colorado’s only competition and awards ceremony dedicated exclusively to healthcare communications. Vail Valley Medical Center was in good company with other top winners including Children’s Hospital Colorado, the Colorado Health Foundation and Mind Springs Health, to name a few.
The medical center’s marketing team consists of Michael Holton, Emily Tamberino, Christine Albertson, Liz Pyke, Ben Gadberry and Kelly Dantas, with support from Mark Silberman at Markit Creative.
Awards Received by VVMC
The medical center received the following awards:
• Colorado Nonprofit Project of the Year Award for Pink Vail.
• Gold Leaf Award in the large event category for Pink Vail.
• Silver Leaf Award in the writing category for Families of Vail.
• Silver Leaf Award in the printed newsletter category for the VVMC Community Update.
• Silver Leaf Award in the annual report category for Vail Health Magazine.
• Silver Leaf Award in the video under $5,000 category for Pink Vail 2015 video campaign.
• Silver Leaf Award in Public Affairs for the VVMC Master Facility Plan & Helipad campaign.
There are three keys to look at when deciding the bonus days: staffing, skier excitement and conditions.