Vail Valley Partnership named as finalist for Chamber of Year award
AVON — The Vail Valley Partnership has been selected as a finalist for the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives’ 2015 Chamber of the Year competition, sponsored by WebLink International.
The finalists are:
• Category 5: Association of Washington Business (Washington), Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce (Nebraska), Georgia Chamber of Commerce (Georgia).
• Category 4: Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce (Tennessee), Commerce Lexington Inc. (Kentucky), Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (South Carolina).
• Category 3: Billings Chamber of Commerce (Montana), Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce (Florida), Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce (Texas).
• Category 2: Coastal Alabama Business Chamber (Alabama), Lake Houston Chamber of Commerce (Texas), Vail Valley Partnership.
• Category 1: Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce (Arizona), Newnan Coweta Chamber of Commerce (Georgia), Shawnee Chamber of Commerce (Kansas).
Leading Business and Communities
Chamber of the Year is the nation’s only award recognizing the dual role chambers have in leading businesses and communities. Chambers honored with this designation have not only demonstrated organizational strength, but also have made an impact on key community priorities such as education, transportation, business development, and quality of life.
To qualify for the award competition, applicants must complete the survey and meet minimum thresholds in at least four of six key performance areas including net revenue, net assets, reserve funds, membership account retention and membership dollar retention.
Judges then determine the competition category for each applicant based on total revenue, member accounts, service area population, number of businesses in the service area and restricted revenue as a percentage of total revenue.
In the last stage of the competition, the judging committee conducts interviews with leaders from each finalist chamber. Winners in each of the five categories of the 2015 Chamber of the Year competition will be announced at ACCE’s Annual Convention on Aug. 11-14 in Montreal.