Apply now for Vail housing lottery
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado ” Applications for the town of Vail’s annual housing lottery are now available.
The lottery determines the order of the purchaser list for Vail’s affordable-housing units, such as Vail Commons, Red Sandstone Creek and North Trail Townhomes.
The applications are available at the Community Development Department, across the parking lot from the Vail Municipal Building.
Applicants are put into tiers based on how many points they have. You get points from each year you live and work in Eagle County. Priority is given to people who have lived and/or worked in Vail.
Packets must be picked up in person and are due back by 12 p.m. June 5.
The lottery will be July 9. The list will be used for housing that becomes available from July 10 through July 10, 2009.
There are 80 units in the housing pool. This year’s list included 33 people, and five have been given a chance to buy a home.
People on this year’s list must reapply to get on next year’s list.
– Own no other residential real estate in Eagle County unless it’s a town of Vail price-appreciation-capped employee housing unit.
– Use the residence as their primary home.
– Be employed at an Eagle County business and work a minimum of 30 hours a week there.
– Get 75 percent of their income from working at an Eagle County business.
– Agree to a resale cap of 3 percent annual appreciation.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Due to budget shortfalls, Vail Resorts has pulled this winter’s funding for its cloud seeding program — the longest-running in the state at 44 years — potentially reducing the amount of water flowing down the…