Battle Mountain speech team triumphs
Vail, CO Colorado
EAGLE-VAIL, Colorado ” Senior Sean Pack and Sophomore Aaron Szindler led the Battle Mountain High School Speech team to one of the best state festival competitions in the history of the team.
Sean Pack is the 2008 state champion in solo acting and Aaron Szindler is the state champion in humorous interpretation. Other results include:
– Impromptu speaking: Ian Dunlevie placed, 3rd
– Value debate: Ian Dunlevie, 4th; Shea Wilson, 7th; Cassidy Kuhn, superior rating; Rebecca Jones, excellent rating
– Duet drama: Emma Szindler and Sarah White, 8th; Pearl Burkham and Harrison Huntoon, 9th
– Duet humor: Sean Pack and Sarah Stookey, 2nd
– Creative storytelling: Aaron Szindler, 12th
– Poetry interpretation: Fiona Jeppson, 4th; Allison Lanes, 12th; Andrea Sanchez, 12th
– Solo acting: Sean Pack, 1st; Sara Stookey, 8th
– Humor interpretation: Aaron Szindler, 1st; Gina Lovell, 8th; Emma Szinlder, 11th
– Drama Interpretation: Talli Hitt, 8th
Coach Suzanne Foster was honored with the Sharon Wilch Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 17 students who placed within the top 12 of each event can participate in the national competition this spring.