Bear pepper-sprayed in Vail
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado ” Here is the weekly bear report from the Vail Police Department:
– June 15 and 16, 4400 block of Timber Falls Court (East Vail). “Officer responded after a caller saw a bear attempting to get into a Dumpster. The bear was later pepper balled and retreated up the mountain near Meadow Drive and Timber Falls Condos.”
– June 20, 4400 block of Timber Falls Court (East Vail). “Caller reported seeing a bear in the north-side dumpster. The bear took off heading north from the condos to the Dumpsters on the east. Bear was gone upon officer’s arrival. No visible violations were detected and all enclosures were in compliance.”
– June 20, 2800 block of Kinnikinnick Road (Intermountain neighborhood). Caller saw a bear in the Dumpster on the north side of the complex and said the bear had been there for about 20 minutes. Upon officer’s arrival, the bear had run off into the woods.
– June 20, Vail Racquet Club (East Vail). “Caller was outside and saw a bear across the (creek) from East Vail Racquet Club. Another caller who was driving down I-70 at mile marker 181 reported seeing a bear on the hill in the same general area of the first caller.”
– June 22, 1300 block of Westhaven Drive (Cascade neighborhood). “Caller reported seeing a bear at the loading dock area, pushing on a broken door. Upon officer’s arrival, the bear was gone.”
– June 22, 1300 block of Westhaven Drive (Cascade neighborhood). “Caller stated that possibly the same bear as previously reported was back at the loading-dock area.”
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User