Beaver Creek fire sends construction worker to hospital
Beaver Creek, CO
BEAVER CREEK ” A construction worker was treated for burns to the hands and face Tuesday following a mid-afternoon fire at a Beaver Creek residence.
Eagle River Fire Protection District crews responded to a fire around 1:24 p.m. Tuesday at 49 Elk Track Road where the unidentified worker was burned.
Fire Chief Charlie Moore said in a press release that the fire appeared to have been caused by a lacquer being sprayed in the residence by a crew of construction workers. Moore said the lacquer fumes found an ignition source, causing the immediate area to ignite.
The damage at the home is estimated at $30,000.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User