Bike month rolls into Eagle
EAGLE, Colorado ” Downvalley business owners want to capitalize on their area’s reputation for great spring weather by promoting May as the time and Eagle as the place to start using summer toys.
Eagle will celebrate Bike Month beginning May 1 with a variety of special events and promotions.
“Bike Month will be cool. Everyone is ready for spring at this point,” says Mountain Pedaler owner Charlie Brown.
What’s more, Brown believes the community is a natural fit for a biking celebration.
“The people who live in Eagle seem to be about bikes, that’s for sure,” he says.
Combining a community interest with a program that markets the town to visitors is focus for Eagle Bike Month.
“What we are trying to do is showcase all the amazing attributes that Eagle has. You can save yourself the two-hour drive down to Fruita and have just as good, or even better, trails, ” says Kelly Malin of The Kind Bikes and Skis located in Eagle Ranch.
Eagle Bike Month events are presented by the newly formed One Eagle group and here’s a rundown of what to expect:
What: A cycling tour of various ‘pubs’ around Eagle
Time: 5 to p.m.
Where: Participants will launch the crawl from Yeti’s Grind on Broadway
Cost: $10 entry fee includes a chance to win a cruiser bike.
Details: The pub crawl will begin at Yeti’s with a slow bike race down Broadway scheduled at 5:30 p.m. Riders will then spend roughly an hour at each bar. From Yetis, participants will visit to the Dusty Boot at Eagle Ranch, the Grand Avenue Grill along U.S. Highway 6, the Broadway Cafe and Brush Creek Saloon. At the Broadway, a sexy legs contest is planned at 8 p.m. Pub crawlers must sign a waiver to participate in the event. Registration forms are available at Yeti’s Grind.
What: Trailhead welcome wagons will greet Eagle-area trail riders during opening weekend
When: May 16 and 17
Time: Throughout the day
Where: The Boneyard trailhead off second street where riders can access the trail through the U.S. Bureau of Land Management property and the Eagle Ranch open space trailheads.
Details: To celebrate opening of the Eagle area open space trails, volunteers will hand out refreshments and swag for riders.
What: Eagle students are encouraged to eschew motor transport and instead ride their bikes to school
When: Throughout the month of May
Details: At the end of the month, the school with the most ride days per student will win special recognition.
What: Loaner bike program
Details: Green bikes, defined both by color and philosophy, will provide loaner rides at various locations around town. To make a donation to the program, drop off a gently used bicycle at The Kind Bikes and Skis in Eagle Ranch or the Mountain Pedaler in downtown Eagle.
What: A merchants’ specials program celebrating Eagle’s ‘banana belt’ climate and its early season riding opportunities.
When: Throughout the month of May
Where: Businesses throughout town.
Details: To celebrate biking and Eagle’s banana belt elevation of 6,600 feet, various 6 ” 60 specials are planned including the following:
– Eagle Diner ” $6.60 lunch and dinner specials
– Comfort Inn ” Room special to be determined
– Kind Bikes ” Kind Bike Jerseys $66 and Socks for $6.60
– Leisure Time Massage ” Massage $66
– Adagio Salon ” $66 for shampoo with conditioning treatment, blow-dry, style and paraffin treatment for two; or $66 haircut, mini manicure and polish change on toes for one.
– Dusty Boot ” $66 dinner for two including appetizers, dinner, desert and bottle of wine
– AmericInn ” Standard room rental for $106.60 and suites for $166.00
– Mi Pueblo ” $66.00 two course dinner with wine or margaritas, $6.60 lunch
– Eagle Grand Hotel ” $66.00 per night
– Fusion ” $66 off selected items
– Patina Colorado ” $6.60 all natural artisan banana soap, $6.60 natural cotton boxers for men or women
– Silver Leaf Suites ” $66 room nights
– Moe’s BBQ ” Free banana pudding with every meal
– Gourmet China ” $6.60 lunch special
– Red Canyon Cafe ” $6.60 build your own sandwich with chips and soda
– Mountain Living Body Spa ” $66 per hour massage, $66 pedicure with gel manicure
– Holistic Care Center of Eagle ” $66 acupuncture treatment
– Broadway Cafe ” $66 dinner for two, two courses with bottle of house wine; $6.60 dessert special; and $6.60 lunch special
– Broadway Liquors ” 15 percent off banana rum, Red Bicyclette Wine and New Belgium Fat Tire Beers
– Zachs Deli ” Breakfast bagel and latte $6.60, ice cream for 60 cents
– Skin Deep Spa ” Special to be announced
– Kidtopia ” Specials throughout the store
– Mountain Pedaler ” Mountain Pedaler water bottle and cage for $6.60. Team jersey for $66 and team short for $66 when purchased together
– Starbucks ” 1 to 5 p.m., two orange mango banana Vivano’s/Buy one get one for 66 cents
What: Events hosted by the Dusty Boot Saloon in Eagle Ranch, coinciding with the Boneyard Boogie 10K trail run
When: Saturday, May 16 and Sunday, May 17
Details: The Dusty Boot is planning bike demos from 12 to 5 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Additionally, guided rides will depart from the saloon at 2 p.m. both days.