Blue Sky, China Bowl to stay open till closing day
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – With one of the best snow seasons in recent history still under way, Vail Mountain plans to continue operating more than 4,500 acres of skiable terrain – including Blue Sky Basin and China Bowl – through April 24, accessible from Lionshead, Golden Peak and Vail Village.
“With one of the latest closings Vail has seen in recent years falling on Easter Sunday, we want to give guests who plan to travel during this time every reason to visit Vail and provide them with the best late-season terrain possible,” said Chris Jarnot, senior vice president and chief operating officer of Vail Mountain. “The phenomenal snow conditions we’ve seen throughout the season will allow us to keep the vast majority of the mountain and restaurants open through closing weekend. Combined with a stellar lineup of concerts and events for Spring Back to Vail, we’re looking forward to a spectacular end to the 2010-2011 season.”
Beginning April 11, the following lifts are expected to operate for the remainder of the season:
• Avanti Express Lift (No. 2);
• Wildwood Express Lift (No. 3);
• Mountaintop Express Lift (No. 4);
• High Noon Express Lift (No. 5);
• Riva Bahn Express Lift (No. 6);
• Born Free Express Lift (No. 8);
• Northwoods Express Lift (No. 11);
• Gopher Hill Lift (No. 12);
• Sourdough Express Lift (No. 14)
• Little Eagle Lift (No. 15);
• Vista Bahn Express Lift (No. 16);
• Sun Up Lift (No. 17)
• Eagle Bahn Gondola (No. 19);
• Orient Express Lift (No. 21);
• Tea Cup Express Lift (No. 36);
• Skyline Express Lift (No. 37); and
• Pete’s Express Lift (No. 39).
The Eagle Bahn Gondola (No. 19) will continue normal nighttime operations for Game Creek Restaurant, Bistro Fourteen and Adventure Ridge through April 9. The Black Forest Race Arena and NASTAR course will be open through April 10.
All other operating hours will remain the same. Lifts will operate on Vail’s front side from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Back Bowls will continue to close at 3:30 p.m. and Blue Sky Basin will close at 3 p.m. Lift operating hours are posted at the base of all open lifts and guests are advised to check mountain terrain and lift status reports on http://www.vail.com or the mobile site, http://m.vail.com for most up-to-date information.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User