Buff fans unite at the Tap Room
The good folks at the Tap Room in Vail Village, who love you and want what’s best for you, learned that today’s CU Buffs game is NOT televised on regular television. The Tap Room, though, has invested a huge pile of American dollars in pay-per-view, and want you to come to their libation location and cheer on the Mighty Fighting Buffs as they throttle Washington State. Kickoff is 1:30 p.m. It’s on against the Notre Dame-Michigan game, and they’ll have that on, too. Go there. Cheer loud.
The list of Seriously Cool Guys is a couple shorter. Johnny Cash passed away at 71 years old. Have a shot a Jack Daniels and sing as much of “I Walk The Line” as you can remember. Also, John Ritter of “Three’s Company” fame died yesterday. Respect must be paid to someone who spent so much of his career in the company of so many beautiful and brilliant women. That’s a lucky guy.
It’s SCV reunion time
Ski and Snowboard Club Vail is celebrating its 40th anniversary this winter and an alumni reunion is in the works. If you ever skied or snowboarded for Ski and Snowboard Club Vail, go to http://www.skiclubvail.org and click on alumni so they can include you in the festivities. Spread the word and tell your friends and fellow alumni.
Area businesses are coming together to offer an extreme makeover to one winner. Most are familiar with the hot new show “Extreme Makeover,” where selected people receive a complete overhaul in the looks department – for free. Curves for Women will offer one month of intense body shaping and fitness advice; Mountain Clothing will provide an outfit, Hair West will do hair, nails and make-up; Vail Valley Medical Center for Aesthetic Dentistry will offer a “smile overhaul”; and Alpine Laser Clinic will offer Botox. Alpine Laser Clinic owner Debby Beard spearheaded the idea.
– $5 entry fee (to be donated to the Shaw Regional Cancer Center)
– Clear photo of the face with teeth exposed
– Must be an Eagle County resident
– Must be over the age of 18
– Height and weight
– An essay of no more that 300 words on why you (or someone else) deserve an extreme makeover. For questions or more information, call Debby at 328-7546. Mail information to: Vail’s Extreme Makeover, PO Box 1414, Eagle, CO 81631. Deadline is Oct. 1, 2003. Winner will be announced on or before October 15. Winner will be totally made over by Thanksgiving.