Census offering Eagle County jobs
Eagle, CO Colorado
EAGLE, Colorado – The U.S. Census Bureau is seeking Eagle County citizens to apply as temporary, part-time census takers for the 2010 Census. These short-term jobs offer pay starting at $16 per hour, flexible hours, paid training and reimbursement for authorized work-related expenses. Mileage reimbursement rate is 50 cents per mile.
Census takers will help locate households and conduct brief interviews with residents. All census takers must be able to speak English, and people who have bilingual skills are encouraged to apply in Eagle County. To become a census taker, you must meet the following qualifications:
• You are a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident or a non-citizen with an appropriate work visa and you possess a bilingual skill for which there are no available qualified citizens.
• You are at least 18 years old.
• You have a valid Social Security number.
• You take a written test of basic skills (administered by the Census; available at local locations).
• You have a valid driver’s licenses (for field jobs only).
• You pass a background check.
• You commit to four days of training. You will be paid for training days at a regular hourly rate.
For more information about jobs with the Census, visit http://www.2010censusjobs.gov. To determine when testing is available locally and apply for a job with the Census, call 866-861-2010.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User