Chabad center to hold holiday services
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – In anticipation of the upcoming Jewish New Year (Sunday through Tuesday), the Chabad Jewish Center of Vail has announced its High Holiday services schedule.
It will be “warm, friendly, traditional, and open to all,” says Chabad’s executive director, Rabbi Dovid Mintz.
All are welcome to services at Chabad, free of charge, regardless of background or affiliation. Membership is not required to join and there are no prerequisites. All prayers will combine the original Hebrew and translated English. In addition, a special children’s program will accompany the adult services.
Services will be held on Rosh Hashanah (Sunday through Tuesday) as well as Yom Kippur (Sep. 25-26). Services and a Rosh Hashanah dinner will be held at Chabad Jewish Center, 1000 Lionsridge Loop in the Vail Run Building.-
For further information on the above events, or if you have any questions related to the High Holidays, call Rabbi Dovid Mintz at 970-476-7887 or visit http://www.JewishVail.com.
• Sunday: Evening services at 6:30 p.m., Rosh Hashanah community dinner at 7 p.m. (please R.S.V.P.).
• Tuesday: Morning services at 10 a.m., children’s program at 11 a.m.,- Shofar sounding at 11:30 a.m. Tashlich and Grand Kiddush following services.
• Wednesday: Morning services at 10 a.m., children’s program at 11 a.m., Shofar sounding at 11:30 a.m. Grand Kiddush following services.
• Sep. 25: Fast begins at 6:40 p.m., Kol Nidrei services at 7 p.m.
• Oct. 8: Morning services at 10 a.m., children’s program at 11 a.m.,- Yizkor Memorial Service at 12 p.m., Mincha and Neilah services at 5:45 p.m. Fast ends at: 7:36 pm; final Shofar sounding, followed by a breakfast.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
If the coronavirus sparks migration, what will that mean for places like Eagle County, which local economic development officials say is well-positioned to offer people the recreation and lifestyle opportunities they may be seeking?