Christmas on Broadway returns to Eagle
EAGLE, Colorado – Christmas on Broadway – Eagle’s kick-off for the holiday season is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.
Christmas on Broadway has traditionally been celebrated on a Wednesday evening, but for 2010, the fun will stretch out all afternoon this Saturday.
This year’s event will include several new holiday-theme competitions and showcases. The decorated tree auction, for example, will feature Christmas trees sponsored by local businesses and decorated by local artists.
Here’s the preliminary schedule:
• 1 p.m. – Santa Claus arrives. He will be stationed in front of Kidtopia to take Christmas requests.
• 1 p.m. – Decorated Tree Auction at Eagle Town Hall.
• 1 p.m. – Children’s performances downtown begin.
• 1 to 4:30 p.m. – Holiday karaoke at the Brush Creek Saloon.
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Holiday window display judging. Ballots available at Eagle Town Hall.
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Gingerbread House Building. Eagle Town Hall.
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Eagle’s Best Cookie Contest. Samples at local businesses, ballots at Town Hall.
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Human Ice Curling. In front of the Nearly Everything Store.
• 4 p.m. – Ice sculpting demonstration. In front of Town Hall.
• 5 p.m. – Parade. Line-up begins at 4:30 p.m. at the Eagle County Building.
A $20 fee will be charged for parade entries and $10 fees will be charged for the decorated window and cookie contest. Money collected will go to the local food bank and the Eagle Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User