CMC offers $1,000 scholarship to local high school seniors
EDWARDS — Your first semester at Colorado Mountain College could cost $355 or less.
Colorado Mountain College is offering a $1,000 scholarship to all graduating high school seniors in the CMC district, to be used during the student’s first year at any of its 11 campuses.
CMC classes cost $57 per credit hour for in-district students, so 15 credit hours costs $855. If you subtract $500 (one semester of the President Carrie Besnette Hauser’s scholarship offer), that leaves your tuition tab at $355 for one semester.
And that doesn’t include if they might qualify for additional financial aid or scholarships.
“It is an invitation to students to keep CMC top of mind for their college choice and a message to all young people in our communities that they are college material,” Hauser said.
One of the goals is to get students into college full-time, said Dr. Matt Gianneschi, chief operating officer and chief of staff at the college.
“We know that those who do so are more likely to complete a college degree, which has become a minimum requirement for most jobs in Colorado and nationwide,” Gianneschi said. “This initiative helps us fulfill several of our strategic goals: To increase access and success for our students and to prepare a skilled workforce for our employers, communities, and state.”
To receive the scholarship, a student must:
• Graduate from a high school in Colorado Mountain College’s district or service area by June 30.
• Apply to Colorado Mountain College by March 31.
• Submit a free application for Federal Student Aid form, which is available at any Colorado Mountain College campus or online at fafsa.gov by March 31. (an alternate form is available for ASSET-eligible students)
• Start at Colorado Mountain College no later than this fall.
• Take 15 credits per semester.
• Maintain a 2.0 grade point average during the first semester.
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 and email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User