Col. Springs fire likely electrical | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Col. Springs fire likely electrical

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. ” Authorities say a house fire that killed a 67-year-old man in Security was accidental and was probably caused by the home’s electrical system.

Robert Emerson died of smoke inhalation in the fire, which broke out Wednesday.

Authorities say Emerson and his 51-year-old wife, Carrie Emerson, escaped the fire, but he apparently went back inside to retrieve clothing and other personal items.



His body was found in a second-floor bedroom.

Investigators said Friday the fire probably started in the attic and then spread throughout the home.



“””

Information from: The Gazette, http://www.gazette.com/


Support Local Journalism