Colorado lawsuit blames girl’s E. coli on Nestle dough
CASTLE ROCK, Colorado – A south Denver family has sued Nestle USA in federal court, saying their 6-year-old daughter got E. coli bacteria from eating the company’s Toll House cookie dough raw.
Cindy Sedbrook, who lives in the Highlands Ranch development, says her daughter Madison was on the verge of kidney failure last month when doctors determined E. coli bacteria was the cause of her bloody diarrhea and vomiting.
The lawsuit, filed Tuesday, seeks damages to cover an expected $50,000 to $100,000 in hospital bills.
Nestle spokeswoman Edie Burge declined to comment on the suit but says the company is very concerned about people who have become ill.
Nestle recalled Toll House refrigerated cookie dough after the federal health officials found a link between E. Coli and eating the dough raw.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Vail’s updated plans regarding the state guidelines and isolation housing requirements is one of several pieces of information guests are waiting on heading into the 2020-21 season.