Colorado road closures for Jan. 11 – Jan. 17
Vail, CO Colorado
Projects are listed in highway order then by milepost. Work is weather dependent.
– I-70 Eastbound/Westbound through the Eisenhower Johnson Memorial Tunnels (Milemarker 213-216) (through January 2009); 6:00pm-6:00am SU-SA Single lane closures in both directions for routine maintenance. Delays are possible.
– I 70 Eastbound/Westbound At Georgetown Hill (Milemarker 226-228) (through March 2009) 10:30am-5:00pm MO-FR Right lane closures for rockfall mitigation. Delays possible.
– US 160 Eastbound/Westbound Durango from Doubletree to SH 3 (Milemarker 83-87) (through November 2009)
8:30am-3:30pm SU-SA, 6:30pm-6:30am SU-SA Possible lane closures for sealing and striping of the roadway.
Pothole repairs will take place as weather allows. Paving will resume north of Santa Rita Dr. to US 160/US 550.
Delays possible. Speed limit has been reduced to 40 mph through the work zone. Wide load restrictions are in effect so please call the project hotline at 970-385-7500 to coordinate passage through the work zone.
– US 160 Eastbound/Westbound East of Durango (Milemarker 88-89.5) (through October 2010) 8:30am-3:30pm MO-FR Signal will control lane closures as trucks exit and enter roadway to haul embankment material for bridge construction, retaining wall construction and concrete work. Traffic may be reduced to a single lane in each direction from 8:30am-3:30pm. 15 minute delays are possible during non-peak travel times.
Project hotline is 970-903-3999.
– US 285 Northbound Near Bailey at Deer Creek Interchange (Milemarker 224-225 (through January 2009) 8:00am-4:30pm MO-FR Periodic stops on US 285 and one-lane alternating traffic on County Rd. 72 for earth work and paving. Speed limit reduced to 40 mph. Annex Lane is permanently closed. Possible closure of CR 72 on
Jan. 13th for paving operations.
– US 36 Westbound Elkhorn Ave. Near US 34 in Estes Park (Milemarker 0) (through January 2009) 8:30am-3:30pm MO Right lane closure for water main repairs by the City of Estes Park. If work is postponed due to weather, it will take place another day this week. Delays possible.