Comments sought on Vail’s Chair 5
MINTURN, Colorado ” The Forest Service is still seeking comment for proposed projects on Vail Mountain, including the replacement of Chair 5. Vail Associates has proposed to:
– Replace Chair 5 with a high-speed, four-person lift.
– Install a new high-speed, four-person lift from the bottom of Chair 5 to the top of the Game Creek lift.
– Build a new snowcat maintenance facility near Mid-Vail.
– Add new snowmaking equipment.
– Building new trails and surface lifts for racing on Golden Peak.
– Build a new, fine-dining restaurant near Patrol Headquarters at the top of Chairs 4, 5 and 11.
– Expand Vail’s operational boundary in Blue Sky Basin to create a cat-track above West Earl’s Bowl.
To comment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Or send a letter to Maribeth Gustafson, Forest Supervisor, c/o Roger Poirier, Winter Sports Program Manager, White River National Forest, P.O. Box 948, Glenwood Springs, CO 81602-0948. Or fax to 970-945-3266.
Include your name, address and phone number.
The comment period ends Dec. 17.
Vail Associates, a subsidiary of Vail Resorts, runs Vail Mountain on Forest Service land under special permit. It needs Forest Service approval for these projects.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User