Crews respond to dryer fire in Bachelor Gulch
AVON – Firefighters successfully put out a dryer fire at the Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch on Wednesday.
At about 5:15 p.m., Eagle River Fire Protection District responded to a commercial fire alarm at the Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch. The initial report from the alarm company was a single zone smoke alarm, so only one engine was dispatched; however, upon arrival, smoke was located on two different floors, so additional resources were requested. Engine 12 was first on-scene, closely followed by Engine 5, Engine 11 and Tower 15.
Ritz Carlton employees attempted to put out the flames but were unsuccessful. Once a hose line was established to the laundry area, the fire was quickly extinguished. Crews remained on scene for about two hours, ensuring there was no extension and airing out the building. The point of origin was determined to be in a clothes dryer in the laundry room on the basement; smoke was also present on the fifth floor due to the nature of the venting system from the laundry.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User