Anti-Santa strikes again: Thieves stealing presents from vehicles, porches, mostly in Edwards area
December 21, 2017
EDWARDS — Call them the Grinch, the Anti-Santa or something worse, but thieves have been pilfering presents from porches and cars.
After a young man watched a thief steal a present from his front porch Monday morning, local police and sheriff's deputies received multiple reports from people who've had Christmas presents and other items stolen from them.
Thieves rummaged through cars, took items and even unwrapped gifts that were left in vehicles overnight, the Eagle County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
The Sheriff's Office said it appears that the thieves hit several areas in Edwards.
Most of those vehicles had one thing in common: They were unlocked, with belongings, bags and packages in plain view.
"After a holiday shopping trip, after work or after your day, please stash items in the trunk, cover them out of site, bring items inside your home and be sure to lock your car doors," the Sheriff's Office said. "Cars left unlocked on the street or even in your driveway are an easy target for criminals. Don't give criminals an opportunity."
Recommended Stories For You
If you have information about the suspects or these crimes, Eagle County Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest or indictment.
Call the Eagle County Sheriff's Office at 970-328-8500, Eagle County Crime Stoppers at 970-328-7007, submit your tip online at http://www.tipsubmit.com, or text STOPCRIME plus your message to CRIMES (274637).
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Crime
- Denver man gets two years in state prison after speeding through Vail in a stolen car
- Authorities want to question man in mountain bike theft from Edwards storefront
- Alleged murderer pleads not guilty; October trial set for Jacob White, Catherine Kelley’s alleged killer
- Alleged Avon stabber Andrew Young’s prelim set for October; he remains in jail on $2 million bond in knife attack case
- Avon woman stabbed five times, suspect spotted with blood on his hands, pool of blood outside his door, police say
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Vail businesses say they’re ready for Colorado Classic parking changes, crowds