Avon man sentenced for selling cocaine
September 7, 2016
EAGLE — Charlie Ross is not in the Philippines, so at least he has that in his favor.
Ross, 46, pleaded guilty to cocaine distribution and will spend three years in a Colorado prison. It could be worse. In the Philippines, President Rodrigo Duterte ordered drug dealers shot. So far, around 2,500 have been.
In January, the Gore Range Narcotic Interdiction Team and the Avon Police Department began investigating cocaine sales in Avon. The Gore Range Narcotic Interdiction Team is a multi-jurisdictional task force comprised of Eagle County Sheriff's Office detectives and Vail Police Department detectives.
The group had been alerted about cocaine sales in various Avon bars. They identified Ross as the dealer for multiple cocaine sales. Ross was subsequently arrested and charged with possession and distribution of cocaine.
"This was an excellent collaboration by the… drug task force and the detectives of the Avon Police Department. We are happy this drug dealer is no longer operating in our community," Avon Police Chief Greg Daly said.
Anyone with information related to drug activity is encouraged to call the Gore Range Narcotic Interdiction Team, 970- 479-2201 or Eagle County Crime Stoppers, 970-328-7007 or 1-800-972-TIPS. Tips can also be submitted at http://www.tipsubmit.com. Text message tips can be sent to STOPCRIME plus your message to CRIMES (274637).
Recommended Stories For You
If your tip leads to the arrest and indictment, you could earn up to a $1,000 reward. You can remain anonymous.
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Crime
- Heads up, Vail Valley, ’tis also the season for scams
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Breckenridge ski pass frauds see spring break uptick
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond