DA dismisses all charges dismissed against San Diego’s Martin Goodman, including attempted murder
April 4, 2018
EAGLE — When a San Diego man's attorney insisted the soft cuffs and Gorilla tape his client and the client's female companion were using on each other were consensual, he turned out to be correct.
All charges against Martin Goodman were dismissed by the District Attorney's Office, said Jim Little, Goodman's local attorney.
However, the charges were dismissed in such a way that they could be reinstated later. The case remains under investigation, prosecutors said in their motion.
"We appreciate the hard work of the Vail Police Department and the District Attorney's office in thoroughly investigating this matter," Little said.
Little had said during Goodman's first court appearance that the encounter between Goodman and the woman was "consensual."
"The allegations are not supported by the evidence," Little said during Goodman's initial court appearance.
Recommended Stories For You
Goodman, 54, from San Diego, had been booked on attempted murder and kidnapping allegations.
Just before midnight on a Friday in mid-February, Vail Police officers were called to The Lodge at Vail in Vail Village where they were met by the woman, who had been found moments before by hotel staffers with her hands soft-cuffed behind her back.
The woman claimed Goodman was under the influence of alcohol. However, Goodman voluntarily took a Breathalyzer test, and his alcohol level was only .03, well below the legal limit, Little said.
Vail Police took Goodman into custody without incident. He bonded out of jail following his first appearance and all the charges were dismissed earlier this week.
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Crime
- El Chapo likely off to ‘Alcatraz of the Rockies’ in Colorado
- Man’s X Games party trashed Aspen condo, prompts lawsuit
- Avon man faces life in prison for alleged Vail sex assault of woman who invited him to her condo
- Minturn man pleads guilty on attempted murder charge
- Vail Valley man pleads guilty to sexual assault
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’