Former Lake County undersheriff indicted on seven charges, including three sex charges
December 12, 2017
LEADVILLE — A grand jury indicted former Lake County undersheriff on seven charges, include four sex charges involving minors.
Fernando Mendoza was indicted on seven counts Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 12.
The seven charges include four felonies and three sex charges: attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempt to commit first degree aggravated incest, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, attempt to commit invasion of privacy for sexual gratification, embezzlement of public property, and two counts of second degree official misconduct.
Mendoza is being held at the Lake County Jail, with no bond.
He makes his first court appearance at 10:45 a.m. in Lake County District Court, where he will be advised of the charges against him, and his bond will be set.
Mendoza has lived in Lake County since 2011.
Recommended Stories For You
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Crime
- Denver man gets two years in state prison after speeding through Vail in a stolen car
- Authorities want to question man in mountain bike theft from Edwards storefront
- Alleged murderer pleads not guilty; October trial set for Jacob White, Catherine Kelley’s alleged killer
- Alleged Avon stabber Andrew Young’s prelim set for October; he remains in jail on $2 million bond in knife attack case
- Avon woman stabbed five times, suspect spotted with blood on his hands, pool of blood outside his door, police say
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Vail businesses say they’re ready for Colorado Classic parking changes, crowds