Former Lake County undersheriff indicted on seven charges, including three sex charges
December 12, 2017
LEADVILLE — A grand jury indicted former Lake County undersheriff on seven charges, include four sex charges involving minors.
Fernando Mendoza was indicted on seven counts Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 12.
The seven charges include four felonies and three sex charges: attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempt to commit first degree aggravated incest, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, attempt to commit invasion of privacy for sexual gratification, embezzlement of public property, and two counts of second degree official misconduct.
Mendoza is being held at the Lake County Jail, with no bond.
He makes his first court appearance at 10:45 a.m. in Lake County District Court, where he will be advised of the charges against him, and his bond will be set.
Mendoza has lived in Lake County since 2011.
Recommended Stories For You
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman who was doused with gasoline and burned to death as her two sons watched was murdered, jury rules
- Vail Valley man, 53, gets three years in prison for indecent exposure to teens
- Vail Police arrest woman found in dumpster for false reporting, say her story is ‘fictitious’
- Man drives stolen car at 104 mph east in westbound I-70 through Vail Valley
- Convicted murderer Charles Gross wants new trial, shot Maria Madrid in 2005