Former Lake County undersheriff indicted on seven charges, including three sex charges
December 12, 2017
LEADVILLE — A grand jury indicted former Lake County undersheriff on seven charges, include four sex charges involving minors.
Fernando Mendoza was indicted on seven counts Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 12.
The seven charges include four felonies and three sex charges: attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempt to commit first degree aggravated incest, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, attempt to commit invasion of privacy for sexual gratification, embezzlement of public property, and two counts of second degree official misconduct.
Mendoza is being held at the Lake County Jail, with no bond.
He makes his first court appearance at 10:45 a.m. in Lake County District Court, where he will be advised of the charges against him, and his bond will be set.
Mendoza has lived in Lake County since 2011.
Recommended Stories For You
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Crime
- Accused Vail Valley murderer Leigha Ackerson to get psychiatric exam in state prison mental hospital
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Valerie Demarco sentenced to 10 years in Vail Valley forgery scheme
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Alleged Avon stabber moved to valley in April; Andrew Young Jr.’s bond set at $2 million in attempted murder case
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard