Former Lake County undersheriff indicted on seven charges, including three sex charges
December 12, 2017
LEADVILLE — A grand jury indicted former Lake County undersheriff on seven charges, include four sex charges involving minors.
Fernando Mendoza was indicted on seven counts Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 12.
The seven charges include four felonies and three sex charges: attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempt to commit first degree aggravated incest, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, attempt to commit invasion of privacy for sexual gratification, embezzlement of public property, and two counts of second degree official misconduct.
Mendoza is being held at the Lake County Jail, with no bond.
He makes his first court appearance at 10:45 a.m. in Lake County District Court, where he will be advised of the charges against him, and his bond will be set.
Mendoza has lived in Lake County since 2011.
Recommended Stories For You
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Crime
- Former Leadville police chief sentenced for pawning guns he stole from evidence locker
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Edwards murder suspects want separate trials, prosecutors want them tried together
- Accused murderers ‘likely’ called an Uber in Pilgrim Downs killing, Sheriff confirms
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- History of Avon, Part 1: Town of Avon celebrating 40th birthday on Saturday, Feb. 24
- Alterra reveals Ikon Pass pricing; Aspen-Snowmass role includes 7 days combined
- With gold and silver, Mikaela Shiffrin savors the ‘incredibly sweet’ moment
- Eagle County’s airport seeing more seats and more flights to more cities