Glenwood Springs homicide victim identified
October 10, 2016
The victim in a homicide discovered near Glenwood Springs Friday has been identified as 28-year-old Blanca Judith Jurado Salas.
Jurado Salas was discovered south of Glenwood Springs at Pinon Pines Apartments, where she lived, according to Garfield County Coroner Robert Glassmire.
The investigation Friday night led authorities to suspect Gustavo Olivo-Tellez, 27, in the crime, which the Garfield County Sheriff's Office characterized as an act of "extreme domestic violence."
The victim was autopsied Monday by a forensic pathologist at Community Hospital in Grand Junction. The cause of death was found to be multiple gunshot wounds.
Prior to this, Olivo-Tellez had an active domestic violence warrant.
Authorities tracked Olivo-Tellez to Grand Junction, where he was arrested in a SWAT operation Saturday morning. He was transported to and incarcerated in the Garfield County Jail later that day.
Recommended Stories For You
A second person in connection to this case was arrested with Olivo-Tellez in Grand Junction. Michelle Castillo, 24, was arrested on charges of accessory to a class 1 felony (first-degree murder), which is itself a class 4 felony.
Her bond was set at $100,000.
Olivo-Tellez is expected to appear in Garfield County Court on Tuesday, as is Castillo.
Trending In: Crime
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Valerie Demarco sentenced to 10 years in Vail Valley forgery scheme
- Accused Vail Valley murderer Leigha Ackerson to get psychiatric exam in state prison mental hospital
- Co-defendant testifies in Ramon Villa sexual assault trial
- Denver man gets two years in state prison after speeding through Vail in a stolen car
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move