Police investigate vandalism at home in Minturn Tuesday
July 15, 2015
MINTURN — Police are investigating vandalism at a residence in Minturn that they say could have turned into a fire or explosion.
Sheriff's deputies responded to the home on North Taylor Avenue on Tuesday morning and discovered that intruders had entered the home and turned on the gas, damaged a water pipe causing a water leak and tampered with the furnace in a manner that indicated the incident was an attempted arson. Due to the quick response, a potential fire or explosion was averted, police said.
An investigation was conducted by the Eagle County Sheriff's Office and the Eagle River Fire Protection District. Police say, based on the evidence, the vandalism to the home was intentional. At this time there are no leads to a suspect.
If you think you may have any information about this crime, call the Eagle County Sheriff's Office at 970-328-8500.
Trending In: Crime
- El Chapo likely off to ‘Alcatraz of the Rockies’ in Colorado
- Man’s X Games party trashed Aspen condo, prompts lawsuit
- Avon man faces life in prison for alleged Vail sex assault of woman who invited him to her condo
- Minturn man pleads guilty on attempted murder charge
- Vail Valley man pleads guilty to sexual assault
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’