Police investigate vandalism at home in Minturn Tuesday
July 15, 2015
MINTURN — Police are investigating vandalism at a residence in Minturn that they say could have turned into a fire or explosion.
Sheriff's deputies responded to the home on North Taylor Avenue on Tuesday morning and discovered that intruders had entered the home and turned on the gas, damaged a water pipe causing a water leak and tampered with the furnace in a manner that indicated the incident was an attempted arson. Due to the quick response, a potential fire or explosion was averted, police said.
An investigation was conducted by the Eagle County Sheriff's Office and the Eagle River Fire Protection District. Police say, based on the evidence, the vandalism to the home was intentional. At this time there are no leads to a suspect.
If you think you may have any information about this crime, call the Eagle County Sheriff's Office at 970-328-8500.
Trending In: Crime
- Cuervo’s Vail Valley Sno-Cat caper getting clearer. Jason Cuervo admits stealing Sno-Cat and hauling it from the mountains to the desert
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Accused Vail Valley murderer Leigha Ackerson to get psychiatric exam in state prison mental hospital
- Valerie Demarco sentenced to 10 years in Vail Valley forgery scheme
- Alleged murderer pleads not guilty; October trial set for Jacob White, Catherine Kelley’s alleged killer
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first