Police search for suspect in stabbing northwest of Dotsero
June 12, 2014
DOTSERO — Police were searching Tuesday afternoon for the suspect in a knifing incident that occurred at a campground about 10 miles up the Coffee Pot Springs Road.
According to Garfield County Sheriff's Office spokesman Walt Stowe, a man and a woman got into an altercation at the campground around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, and the woman received knife wounds.
She was either cut or stabbed, Stowe said, and was taken to Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs with "non-life-threatening injuries."
The male suspect reportedly left in a car from the campsite but wrecked it along Coffee Pot Springs Road and fled the scene, Stowe said.
"Police are still searching for the guy at this time," he said.
Because the incident occurred on the Garfield-Eagle county line, sheriff's departments from both counties and the Colorado State Patrol were involved in the search, Stowe said.
Trending In: Crime
- Aspen parents face felony charges after giving coke to minor, alcohol to others
- Breckenridge ski pass frauds see spring break uptick
- Gruesome details of Chris Watts’ murders of his wife, two daughters revealed on Dr. Phil
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Accused Vail Valley murderer Leigha Ackerson to get psychiatric exam in state prison mental hospital