Police search for suspect in stabbing northwest of Dotsero
June 12, 2014
DOTSERO — Police were searching Tuesday afternoon for the suspect in a knifing incident that occurred at a campground about 10 miles up the Coffee Pot Springs Road.
According to Garfield County Sheriff's Office spokesman Walt Stowe, a man and a woman got into an altercation at the campground around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, and the woman received knife wounds.
She was either cut or stabbed, Stowe said, and was taken to Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs with "non-life-threatening injuries."
The male suspect reportedly left in a car from the campsite but wrecked it along Coffee Pot Springs Road and fled the scene, Stowe said.
"Police are still searching for the guy at this time," he said.
Because the incident occurred on the Garfield-Eagle county line, sheriff's departments from both counties and the Colorado State Patrol were involved in the search, Stowe said.
Trending In: Crime
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Valerie Demarco sentenced to 10 years in Vail Valley forgery scheme
- Accused Vail Valley murderer Leigha Ackerson to get psychiatric exam in state prison mental hospital
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Judge calls Pedro Gonzalez attempted murder case ‘unexplainable’ in handing down 42-year sentence
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort