Stolen violin reported missing from Riverwalk Theatre in Edwards found, but damaged
November 23, 2017
EDWARDS — Police say they know who stole a young man's violin from the Riverwalk Theatre in Edwards.
Eagle County Sheriff's deputies received a tip that led them to locate the missing violin, but the $1,500 instrument was damaged beyond repair.
Deputies are looking for the person they suspect of stealing and damaging it.
The young man last saw his violin and case around 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 10, near the entrance as he entered a movie.
Anyone with information about a suspect or this crime is asked to call the Eagle County Sheriff's Office at 970-328-8500 or Eagle County Crime Stoppers at 970-328-7007, 1-800-972-TIPS, submit your tip online at http://www.tipsubmit.com, or text a tip from your cell phone by texting STOPCRIME plus your message to CRIMES (274637).
Trending In: Crime
- Denver man gets two years in state prison after speeding through Vail in a stolen car
- Alleged murderer pleads not guilty; October trial set for Jacob White, Catherine Kelley’s alleged killer
- Authorities want to question man in mountain bike theft from Edwards storefront
- Alleged Avon stabber Andrew Young’s prelim set for October; he remains in jail on $2 million bond in knife attack case
- Alleged Lake Christine culprits get two-week reprieve. Bond hearing for Marcus, Miller, postponed until Aug. 14
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right