Stolen violin reported missing from Riverwalk Theatre in Edwards found, but damaged
November 23, 2017
EDWARDS — Police say they know who stole a young man's violin from the Riverwalk Theatre in Edwards.
Eagle County Sheriff's deputies received a tip that led them to locate the missing violin, but the $1,500 instrument was damaged beyond repair.
Deputies are looking for the person they suspect of stealing and damaging it.
The young man last saw his violin and case around 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 10, near the entrance as he entered a movie.
Anyone with information about a suspect or this crime is asked to call the Eagle County Sheriff's Office at 970-328-8500 or Eagle County Crime Stoppers at 970-328-7007, 1-800-972-TIPS, submit your tip online at http://www.tipsubmit.com, or text a tip from your cell phone by texting STOPCRIME plus your message to CRIMES (274637).
Trending In: Crime
- Former Leadville police chief sentenced for pawning guns he stole from evidence locker
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Edwards murder suspects want separate trials, prosecutors want them tried together
- Accused murderers ‘likely’ called an Uber in Pilgrim Downs killing, Sheriff confirms
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- History of Avon, Part 1: Town of Avon celebrating 40th birthday on Saturday, Feb. 24
- Alterra reveals Ikon Pass pricing; Aspen-Snowmass role includes 7 days combined
- With gold and silver, Mikaela Shiffrin savors the ‘incredibly sweet’ moment
- Eagle County’s airport seeing more seats and more flights to more cities