Vail Police seeking West Vail McDonald’s armed robbery suspect
January 21, 2018
VAIL — Police are seeking a man who robbed a fast food restaurant at gunpoint early Sunday morning.
At 6:04 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 21, the man walked into the dining room of the West Vail McDonald's restaurant, 2171 North Frontage Road W. For a minute or two, he stood near the cash register, looking at the menu boards above the counter.
He finally pulled a handgun from his front right jacket pocket and pointed it at the cashier's face, demanding money from the cash register.
Vail Police say the man is a white male, 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 170 pounds.
He was wearing a black jacket with gray patches on the shoulders, camouflage pants, black sneakers and a dark colored hat. The suspect fled on foot and headed west.
Police believe the man is armed with a semi-automatic-style handgun.
Recommended Stories For You
Vail Police are advising anyone who comes into contact with the suspect not to approach or interact with him and to call 911 and report his location immediately.
Anyone with information or questions is asked to call Vail Police Detective Sgt. Luke Causey at 970-470-2372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Crime
- Aspen parents face felony charges after giving coke to minor, alcohol to others
- Breckenridge ski pass frauds see spring break uptick
- Gruesome details of Chris Watts’ murders of his wife, two daughters revealed on Dr. Phil
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Accused Vail Valley murderer Leigha Ackerson to get psychiatric exam in state prison mental hospital