Vail Police seeking West Vail McDonald’s armed robbery suspect
January 21, 2018
VAIL — Police are seeking a man who robbed a fast food restaurant at gunpoint early Sunday morning.
At 6:04 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 21, the man walked into the dining room of the West Vail McDonald's restaurant, 2171 North Frontage Road W. For a minute or two, he stood near the cash register, looking at the menu boards above the counter.
He finally pulled a handgun from his front right jacket pocket and pointed it at the cashier's face, demanding money from the cash register.
Vail Police say the man is a white male, 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 170 pounds.
He was wearing a black jacket with gray patches on the shoulders, camouflage pants, black sneakers and a dark colored hat. The suspect fled on foot and headed west.
Police believe the man is armed with a semi-automatic-style handgun.
Recommended Stories For You
Vail Police are advising anyone who comes into contact with the suspect not to approach or interact with him and to call 911 and report his location immediately.
Anyone with information or questions is asked to call Vail Police Detective Sgt. Luke Causey at 970-470-2372 or email email@example.com.
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Crime
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Valerie Demarco sentenced to 10 years in Vail Valley forgery scheme
- Accused Vail Valley murderer Leigha Ackerson to get psychiatric exam in state prison mental hospital
- Co-defendant testifies in Ramon Villa sexual assault trial
- Denver man gets two years in state prison after speeding through Vail in a stolen car
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move