Woman arrested after shot fired in Eagle-Vail
August 25, 2015
EAGLE-VAIL — A 41-year-old woman was arrested Tuesday after police say she shot a firearm in a residential area.
At about 5:30 p.m., the Eagle County Sheriff's Office responded to the River Run Apartments in Eagle-Vail on the report of shots fired.
The reporting party stated that he had a verbal altercation with his girlfriend, Jennifer Clark. During the altercation, Clark allegedly went outside, pulled a firearm and fired one shot in the area of the victim. The woman then fled the scene. The victim did not sustain any injuries during the altercation.
Law enforcement searched the area for the suspect and located Clark at a restaurant in the area. Clark was taken into custody without further incident. Avon Police Department and Beaver Creek Public Safety assisted in the search for the suspect.
Clark was booked into the Eagle County Detention Facility on charges of domestic violence felony menacing, a Class 5 felony; prohibited use of a weapon, a Class 2 misdemeanor; and reckless endangerment, a Class 3 misdemeanor.
Trending In: Crime
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- No charges in Burns shooting case
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife